|Code:||SMA (FP RsmpP)|
|Hour/sem||Lectures||Sem. Exercises||Lab. exercises||Comp. exercises||Other|
|Guarantee:||Chalupský Vladimír, doc. Ing., CSc., MBA, IM|
|Lecturer:||Chlebovský Vít, Ing., Ph.D., UMEL|
|Instructor:||Chlebovský Vít, Ing., Ph.D., UMEL|
Schüller David, Ing., Ph.D., IM
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business and Management BUT|
| || ||The goals of the course are as follows: - to practice skills in
obtaining and elaborating market data (esp. on market, customers,
competitors and technical trends) and analytical skills needed for valid
interpretation of data - to practice and develop the exploitation of
data gathered in the process of strategy analysis, formulation and
execution in global market environment - to familiarize students with
the decison making process in project teams (management teams) - to
familiarize students with the influence of marketing decisions on the
related areas of a company´s management - to verify decision-making
abilities, especially in complex decision making processes with
potential conflicts between causes and effects - to develop leadership,
teamwork and interpersonal skills|
| || ||The course is focused on the development of managerial and marketing
knowledge and skills of students, as well as on the deeper understending
of managerial consequences in various areas of a company management and
strategy. The course will be based on an advanced simulation software -
|Knowledge and skills required for the course:|
| || ||The knowledge of basic economic and marketing terms, teamwork abilities, time-management, basic knowledge of the work with PC|
|Learning outcomes and competences:|
| || ||The students will be familiar with the strategic marketing concepts,
with strategic analytic methods and with the principals of generation
and realization of marketing strategy Develop strategic planning and
execution skills within a rapidly changing environment. Instill a bottom
line focus and the simultaneous need to deliver customer value.
Crystallize the financial implications of business decisions and how
they flow to bottom-line performance.|
|Syllabus of lectures:|
- Introduction, principles of simulation and assessment.
- Team building, Teamwork in the problem solving.
- Market research - the role of information and methods of their collection and evaluation.
- Interpretation - analysis of market information: discover how
important it is to use market data and competitive signals to adjust the
strategic plan and more tightly focus business tactics.
- Proposal of marketing strategy, its implementation and specification in accordance with market situation.
- Marketing strategy and tactics proposal - 4 P - product, price, place and promotion.
- Crystallize the financial implications of business decisions and how they flow to bottom-line performance
- Business plan preparation - as a material for venture capital investments into the company
- Execution of a company strategy and its outcomes analysis.
- Using the BSC as a criterion.
- Final presentation of a company results
| || ||RsmP PsmP: Students are gaining continuous feedback in the form of
reports on the development of market situation and market share of their
virtual firms. These data are both available for free and available
upon request (unpaid and paid information). There is a wide spectrum of
information available for students characterising the situation of their
own firms as well as that of their competitors. These data are
necessary for the decision about the strategy and its execution in terms
of decisions about the production, stock, mediaplan, advertising
campaign, sales person management, price-setting and many others. An
important role plays the Business plan preparation and particularly the
final workshop, where the key assumptions and decisions of each team are